A Little More About Michael
The Midwest & The Southwest Family
I have been married to Colleen for over 30 years. We met after a DePaul – Notre Dame men’s basketball game while still in college. DePaul lost by 4, while I won the game by meeting Colleen. We have three fantastic adult children: Samantha, Matthew, and Ryan. They are the why of so much that Colleen and I think about and do.
I love spending as much time with Colleen and the kids as possible. While having deep roots in the Chicago area, for decades, we have been exploring northern New Mexico and Southwest Utah. Having fun exploring the Southwest road cycling, mountain biking, skiing, and hiking has brought me a great deal of joy.
I have enjoyed exploring many great places throughout our great country, including beautiful and fascinating national and state parks, amazing mountains, and their ski valleys. Colleen introduced me to how exciting and interesting travel to Europe can be. From our honeymoon in Italy to trips with the kids and family to Ireland, Spain, France, and Portugal, I am so blessed to have seen and experienced so much.
Bucket list trips
● South America (including Argentina and Columbia)
● A safari to South Africa with family and friends.
I am hoping to sneak in many cycling adventures across the globe too!
BBQ (from amazing smoke joints or off my own pellet smoker), seafood, brewpubs, homemade Neapolitan pizzas, and anything my wife or kids prepare. So tasty!
- Stocks for the Long Run 6th Edition – Jeremy Siegel
- Against the Gods: The Remarkable Story of Risk – Peter Bernstein
- Your Complete Guide to a Successful & Secure Retirement – Larry Swedroe and Kevin Grogan.
- War of Art and Turning Pro – both by Steven Pressfield
- Meditations: A New Translations – Marcus Aurelius and Gregory Hays
- Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday
- Leadership on Turbulent Times – Doris Kearns Goodwin